Rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery that changes the shape of the nose. The main purpose of the rhinoplasty surgery is to give the nose an aesthetic appearance and to ensure regular breathing circulation.
In the anatomy of the nose, the upper part forms bone and the lower part forms cartilage. In rhinoplasty surgery, both bone, cartilage and skin can be shaped into the desired shape. In rhinoplasty aesthetics, the operation plan is made after the physician and the patient agree on a common idea.
- 1 Why Is The Nose Aesthetics Done? (Rhinoplasty)
- 2 What are the Risks of Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- 3 What is done before Rhinoplasty (Rhinoplasty) Surgery?
- 4 How Should Be Nourished Before Rhinoplasty?
Why Is The Nose Aesthetics Done? (Rhinoplasty)
Rhinoplasty surgery provides an aesthetic appearance by changing the size of the nose, nose shape, nose skin, nose tip or face to face, as well as repairing injuries caused by injuries and accidents.
What are the Risks of Rhinoplasty Surgery?
There may be risks in nose surgery, such as bleeding, infection, or anesthetic reaction risks that may occur in any operation in other parts of the body.
Other risks in nasal surgery include;
- Repeated nosebleeds
- Nasal breathing problems for a while
- Short-term numbness or numbness in and around the nose skin
- Possibility of irregular nose type
Pain in and around the nose;
- Nasal skin color changes
- Nose swelling and scarring (scar)
- Rarely, there may be risks of septal perforation.
Such risks can be minimized prior to surgery, when talking to the physician.
What is done before Rhinoplasty (Rhinoplasty) Surgery?
Before the rhinoplasty surgery, there should be an exchange of ideas with the physician on general issues. Except that;
Patient history: The physician should have an idea of the patient’s medical history. The aesthetic operation is planned after comprehensive information about general health. If the physician knows the medications used in the patient and the past treatments, the aesthetic operation will be more successful.
Physical Examination: The physician performs a general physical examination, including a blood test, before the operation.In addition, the patient’s skin, nose structure, the nose will be examined by comprehensive examination of the inside will have the idea because the physical examination of the patient’s nose structure, skin thickness, symmetry of the shape of the nose to the face, and important issues such as the structure of the nose cartilage are determined.
Photography: One of the most important stages before rhinoplasty aesthetics is photography. The physician photographs the patient’s nose from different angles and transfers it to the computer. With the help of the programs, the type of nose, suitability and suitability of the patient is checked.
How Should Be Nourished Before Rhinoplasty?
As with any surgery, aspirin or ibuprofen agents should not be taken as there is a possibility of diluting the blood and creating complications 2.5 weeks before and after the nasal aesthetic surgery. Otherwise, bleeding increases and surgical success rate decreases. Only medicines given by the physician should be used. Smoking should be avoided for 10-15 days before and after surgery. The active ingredients of the cigarette may cause the body to become infected. This results in failure of the operation and significantly prolongs the healing process.
How Is Rhinoplasty Surgery Performed?
Nose aesthetic surgery can be applied in two different ways according to the physician’s decision. These;
Combination of sedation and local anesthesia: It is usually performed in surgical outpatient clinic. With the state of sleep, operation is performed by numbing the nose area.
General anesthesia: Anesthetic drug is injected into the body of the patient, a temporary loss of consciousness and anesthesia is performed.
Rhinoplasty surgery, nose, tissues and skin incisions are opened by throwing.Thanks to these incisions, according to the desired shape and appearance of the nose, the skin of the nose is lifted slightly and aesthetic angles are given. After these angles are analyzed, the other steps are taken.
For the operation of a very large nose, bone or cartilage can be removed. In this way, it can achieve an aesthetic appearance. Sometimes, nasal aesthetic surgery may require the addition of external cartilage fragments.
The most common procedure, the cartilage from the septum (the middle part of the nose) is used for this purpose. Sometimes cartilage fragments can be removed from the patient’s own ears or ribs. If the area called the septum loses its orientation, it may be corrected and the protrusions within the nose may be reduced to improve breathing. After the anatomical and physiological insertion of the nose shape into the desired aesthetics and structure, the skin and tissue of the nose are re-adhered and the incisions are closed. Additional parts can be placed in the natural curves of the nose dimensions. And this is how the nose surgery is completed.
After aesthetic surgery, the patient is awakened and taken to the service.Nose aesthetic surgery is an operation that ends on the same day. The patient can be discharged on the same day.
What Should Be Done After Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Bleeding and swelling may occur after surgery. After the operation, the nose will be congested due to splints attached to the patient’s nose. It is a very normal condition and a high pillow should be preferred to reduce bleeding and swelling. Generally, intra-nasal bandages or bandages may remain attached for 2-8 days after surgery. In addition, the physician, to protect the nose, nasal apparatus or splint bandages may wear.
Dressings and drainages can be performed 2-3 days after the operation. In this case, a small amount of reddish blood may come from the mucus, usually. A gauze or sterile cloth can be placed inside the nose to make drainage or blood tamponade. The nasal pad, which the physician will give, should be pressed very tightly into the nose to avoid damaging the capillaries that are sensitive. For the nose, bleeding and bloating, some applications can also be done. These;
- Heavy sports and strenuous exercises should not be performed.
- When lying or lying down, the head must be above the body. This is the most important cause of bleeding and swelling. High pillows should be used for this.
- When taking a shower, water should not enter the nose or bandaged part.The ingress of water may cause the surgical site to heal too late. In some cases it has been shown to cause infection.
- Constipation, causing strains and force the nose vessels, should be avoided solid food. Fruit and fiber foods should be given weight. Especially vitamin C, vitamin B12 and fresh vegetables should be consumed. Carbohydrates and derivatives should be avoided.
- Excessive use of facial mimics can damage the surgical site. In this case, bleeding and swelling may occur.
- The inside of the mouth should not be opened too much when brushing teeth. Failure to do so may result in problems with seams or capillaries.
- When wearing or removing sweaters or t-shirts, care must be taken not to touch the surgical part.
- Glasses should not be worn until 3-4 weeks after the operation. Wearing glasses may erode the nose and deform it, creating a wound and may cause inflammation.
- Sun rays can change the color of the nose. For this, the sun should not be exposed until 3 weeks after the operation.
- Sodium (salt) intake causes swelling. Salt should not be used for a while after surgery. Never apply cold compresses to the nose area or directly to the nose. However, it can be applied to the face by placing a cloth under the skin without direct contact with the skin. On this occasion swelling descends earlier.
- Temporary swelling of the face and eyes may occur after nasal surgery. After 2-3 days will pass spontaneously.
Very small changes in the nose structure made by millimetric measurements create big differences. In order for the surgery to be successful, the patient must pay careful attention to the planning of the physician performing the surgery. Particular attention should be paid to drug use, edema shooter exercises and wound care.
What Are The Differences Between Rhinoplasty And Septoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is the operation to change the shape of the nose. Septoplasty is an operation that improves breathing with the flattening of the tissue separating the nasal wall, nasal passages, right and left (nasal septum).
Is Rhinoplasty A Painful Surgery?
It is definitely not a painful operation because it is an anesthetic operation. It is a 2.5-hour surgical operation. The patient can be discharged on the same day and continue his social life.